The Applied Computational Neuroscience (ACN) research group (https://acn.ugr.es), headed by Prof. Eduardo Ros at the University of Granada (UGR) is looking for talented Master or PhD students interested in working in the field of computational neuroscience and neurorobotics, specifically addressing questions of motor learning and adaptation.
The perfect candidate shall possess a strong mathematical, computational or robotic engineering background (or equivalent), with great interest in biological and neural systems. Demonstrated programming skills are mandatory.
- Applicants should have a strong quantitative background (physics, engineering, computer science, applied mathematics), and a keen interest in reverse-engineering the brain.
- Demonstrated programming skills (Matlab, C/C++, Python) are required.
- Knowledge on computational neuroscience software (BRIAN, NEURON, NEST,…etc ) are a plus although not mandatory.
- Robotics control middleware (ROS) is highly valuable.
- Robotics (ROS) and programming languages (Matlab, C/C++, Python) are highly valuable.
- Proficiency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of Spanish is not mandatory.
Successful candidates are expected to work in an interdisciplinary environment with collaborations within EU projects.
Full Description of the Job Offer can be found at: http://sl.ugr.es/hbpcontract
How to apply
Candidates should send a single pdf file containing a motivation letter, a full CV, and names and contact information of at least two referees, to Niceto Luque (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jesús Garrido (email@example.com). Short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview (either face-to-face or via videoconference)