Call for Chapters: Springer Book on ROS (Volume 6): Abstract Due April 01, 2020

We are pleased to announce the call for chapters for the Springer Book on Robot Operating System (ROS) Volume 6.

In this sixth volume, we invite authors to submit ROS and ROS2 related contributions as they have been evolving a lot in the last year. Artificial Intelligence contributions related to ROS are also welcome.

The book is among the most downloadable books on Springer, providing high visibility of contributed chapters.

STATISTICS OF THE PREVIOUS VOLUMES

Abstract Due: April 01, 2020
Full Chapters Due: May 01, 2020

#ros #robotics #robots #ros2 #uavs #riotulab

1 Like

FYI Those links are not working ATM.

I have been working a lot recently with optimal control algorithms for walking robots using Model Predictive Control (MPC). This involves optimizing whole-body rigid body dynamics with mutliple (foot) contact points. Is there any existing chapters related to this? If not, I could probably give some intro to understanding what it is and how it fits into robot dynamic control.

sounds good. as long as you will present contributions with ROS, it will be fine!

Yes, I am working within ROS2 but would equally apply to ROS1.

Do you have a PDF of a few example chapters of each style as a reference for authors? It’s hard for me to decide a topic or think about how I’d structure it without some examples of what you’re going for.

I’ll reiterate my request from your last post on this same topic.

2 Likes

@Anis_Koubaa I think site is under maintenance.