CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS: ROS Developers Conference 2019 (ROSDevCon2019)
ROS Developers Conference 2019: An online conference for ROS developers worldwide
Date: June 15-16, 2019
Conference website: http://www.rosdevcon.com
This is a reminder of our call for contributions.
[ OVERVIEW ]
The ROSDevCon 2019 is a hands-on online conference for ROS developers. The conference aims to connect ROS developers around the world without geographical restrictions and to advance ROS levels through real-time practice.
During the conference, all participants will practice in real-time on any type of computer while the speakers are presenting. With a ready-made ROSject, participants will be able to launch the robot simulation, access the project’s code, start developing control algorithms…without any previous setup. All the participants will have:
- Access to the conference LIVE streaming
- Full access to the ROS Development Studio (ROSDS) for programming
- Full access to the online chat tool with all participants and ROS experts
- Access to all packages with pre-defined code
- An e-book of ROS2 Basics.
[ IMPORTANT DATES ]
- Submission Deadline: April 30, 2019
- Notification of acceptance: May 15, 2019
- Final tutorial submission: June 7, 2019
[ CALL FOR TUTORIALS ]
If you are interested to submit a proposal, the instructions to do so are as follows:
- Tutorials can target any field of ROS or ROS2 and should focus on practice, in order to provide a real practical conference for participants and to exchange results and ideas. (if you want to know more about how it works, please check the previous ROSDevCon2018)
- The tutorial should last 30 min + 10 min for Q&A.
- The submission of a tutorial must contain the following information:
- A brief introduction about yourself
- Statement of objectives: what is your speech about and what are you going to make attendants practice
- Submit your proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your tutorial is accepted, you will have to prepare the following material (with our support):
- A notebook with the tutorial
- Package with the pre-defined code for participants
[ KEYNOTE SPEAKERS ]
- Dominik Nowak (CEO at Husarion)
[ ORGANIZER ]
You can contact us with questions and doubts here: email@example.com