FLX Solutions is disrupting the robotics industry with highly functional and intelligent robots that are miniaturized to operate in spaces that humans and traditional robots cannot easily access. Our first product, The FLX BOT is a patented, snake-like robot that is one inch in diameter and expands, braces, and climbs to perform many customizable actions. Our modular robot is made up of identical, interchangeable links that each have a camera and sensor to enable 3D mapping and autonomous navigation. Each robot has interchangeable end effectors including drills, grippers, vacuums or sprayers. The FLX BOT will initially target the cable/telecom, manufacturing, and construction/plumbing industries, and will partner with large companies in other industries to license its IP. The company is led by mechanical engineering PhD, Matt Bilsky, who has assembled a team of engineering, operations and growth experts to help bring his vision for the future of robotics to life.
About the Position:
We are looking for a Chief Robotics Officer to join the founding team as we customize and launch the FLX BOT into several large markets. The role requires a unique blend of software/embedded systems engineering, robotics, and management experience to lead the software development of our patented hardware solution. You will have the latitude to learn, lead and experiment while working hand in hand with fellow members of the executive team, software developers and electrical/mechanical engineers.
Your direct robotics experience may include architecture, design, plan, selection, development, simulation, programming, setup, commissioning, testing, troubleshooting and validation. We are seeking an entrepreneurial-minded leader that has strong analytical, problem-solving and management skills, and experience formulating creative solutions to complex problems.
Create and execute functional code and embedded systems/hardware integration, design and user verification tests for FLX Solutions FLX BOT. Development of robotics algorithms for motion and path planning, sensor fusion, and perception.
Develop custom robotics algorithms, methods, and accompanying embedded software that brings the FLX BOT to life. Enable demonstrations of the FLX BOT in a variety of operating environments as we validate use cases.
Example projects include:
- Path and motion planning
- Develop SLAM and perception using both onboard and external sensors.
- Create user interfaces/HMI/ control software.
- Simulation using tools like GAZEBO to validate motions and abilities. Bonus points if you can also make it really, really good looking.
You will be working closely with the CEO, head of product, and others in the engineering team to further advance the technical capabilities of the FLX BOT. It is critical that you demonstrate the ability to create clear and concise reports, SOPs, and make recommendations based on your discoveries.
- Robot Operating System (ROS) experience
- Hands-on experience working with robots, controllers, I/O
- Common software languages (C, C++, Python)
- Computer Vision, Sensor Fusion, and SLAM
- Robust WiFi and Serial communications
- Team player but able to work independently
- Passion for developing a product and a company
- Comfortable with the entrepreneurial spirit of a small and growing company
* Education: Ideally have a diploma from somewhere in something but experience from the school of hard knocks is equally sufficient
- Embedded systems experience
- Robotics enthusiast
- Strong interpersonal, listening, questioning & communications skills
- You have done this before.
Nice to Have(s):
* Experience with ROS2/microROS
- Experience bringing a physical product to market
- RTOS implementation
- Microcontrollers (ESP32/STM32/Teensy)
- Experience getting your hands dirty building, soldering, and debugging prototypes, fixtures, and tools to enable advancements in the product development and testing.
Interested applications should complete our questionnaire: https://forms.gle/5QGYA44vmxEXDQNS8
FLX Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.