Connext DDS debian packaging

It’s really exciting to see the connext SDK packaged as a debian, however rti-connext-dds-5.3.1 doesn’t support non-interactive installation in any way. Typically frontend=noninteractive and/or debconf preseeding would do the trick. Would anyone know who maintains this package?

I guess you tried something like this:

I haven’t tried to install it unattended, but the license prompt in there is very intentional. We don’t want anyone installing it assuming anything about the license it comes with.

If there’s a way we can keep that interruption for most users but make it easier for you I’m sure that would be of interest. I think RTI themselves made this deb, but @dirk-thomas knows more about it than me.

As William mentioned the Debian package is provided by RTI. So for any change requests it is probably best to contact them directly (likely through support@rti.com).

That being said you can set an environment variable to automatically accept the license and install the package in a non-interactive way: RTI_NC_LICENSE_ACCEPTED=yes
See the Dockerfile how it is being used on the buildfarm.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out, I’ll have a dig through that Dockerfile the next time I have questions as well.