The University of Klagenfurt, with approximately 1,500 employees and over 12,000 students, is located in the Alps-Adriatic region and consistently achieves excellent placements in rankings. The motto “per aspera ad astra” underscores our firm commitment to the pursuit of excellence in all activities in research, teaching and university management. The principles of equality, diversity, health, sustainability and compatibility of work and family life serve as the foundation for our work at the university.
The University of Klagenfurt is pleased to announce the following open position at the Department of Smart Systems Technologies at the Faculty of Technical Sciences, employment to commence as soon as possible:
Level of employment: 100 %
Minimum salary: € 41,601.-- per annum (gross); classification according to
collective agreement: B1
Limited to: 3 years
Application deadline: September 8, 2021
Reference code: 409/21
Tasks and responsibilities
- Independent research with the aim to submit a dissertation and acquire a Doctoral degree / a Ph.D. in Technical Sciences
- Independent delivery of courses and exams using established and innovative methods (e.g. digital teaching)
- Participation in the research and teaching projects run by the organisational unit
- Supervision of students
- Participation in organisational and administrative tasks and in quality assurance measures
- Contribution to expanding the international scientific and cultural contacts of the organisational unit
Prerequisites for the appointment
- A university degree (Master or Diplom-Ingenieur) completed at a domestic or foreign higher education institution in the field of electrical engineering and information technology, mechanical engineering, or computer science, graded with excellent academic success
- Proven knowledge and extensive experience in at least one of the following areas: probabilistic state estimation, vision-based navigation, multi-modal sensor fusion
- Proven programming skills in at least one of the languages Matlab, C / C ++, ROS
- Good knowledge of cooperative software development with GIT or SVN
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
Additional desired qualifications
- Scientific publications in one or more of the above areas
- Relevant international or practical experience
- Basic experience in teaching and research projects
- Fluency in German (spoken and written)
- Social and communication skills, ability to work independently
The employment contract stipulates a starting salary of € 2,971.50 gross per month (14 times a year; previous experience deemed relevant to the job can be recognised in accordance with the collective agreement). The University of Klagenfurt also offers:
- Personal and professional advanced training courses, management and career coaching
- Numerous attractive additional benefits, see also The University of Klagenfurt as employer – Universität Klagenfurt | Job-Portal
- Diversity- and family-friendly university culture
- The opportunity to live and work in the attractive Alps-Adriatic region with a wide range of leisure activities in the spheres of culture, nature and sports
If you are interested in this position, please apply in German or English providing the usual documents:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates and support letters
This position serves the purposes of the vocational and scientific education of graduates of Master`s or Diploma degree programmes and sets the goal of completing a Doctoral degree / a Ph.D. in Technical Sciences. Applications by persons who have already completed a subject-specific Doctoral degree or a subject-relevant Ph.D. programme therefore cannot be considered.
To apply, please select the position with the reference code 409/21 in the category “Scientific Staff” using the link “Apply for this position” in the job portal at jobs.aau.at/en/. Candidates must furnish proof that they meet the required qualifications by September 8, 2021 at the latest.
For further information on this specific vacancy, please contact Stephan Weiss (Stephan.Weiss@aau.at). General information about the university as an employer can be found at The University of Klagenfurt as employer – Universität Klagenfurt | Job-Portal. At the University of Klagenfurt, recruitment and staff matters are accompanied not only by the authority responsible for the recruitment procedure but also by the Equal Opportunities Working Group and, if necessary, by the Representative for Disabled Persons.
The University of Klagenfurt aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore specifically invites qualified women to apply for the position. Where the qualification is equivalent, women will be given preferential consideration. People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded. Translations into other languages shall serve informational purposes only. Solely the version advertised in the University Bulletin (Mitteilungsblatt) shall be legally binding.