Gazebo 9 Tutorial Party!

Hello everyone,

Gazebo 9 will be released on January 25th 2018. It will be a Long Term Support (LTS) version, so it will be supported for 5 years until 2023. It will be supported on Ubuntu Xenial and higher and OSX 10.11 and higher.

Following tradition, the Gazebo team will be testing all the tutorials against the pre-release. We would like to invite the community to join us to help reviewing the tutorials.

The official tutorial party times are as follows:

• Start: Jan 23rd 5pm PST
  • End: Jan 25th 11am PST

We will be coordinating through a Google spreadsheet which has links to the tutorials and review guidelines.

There will also be Open Robotics staff hanging out at Gazebo Community during most of the time to answer questions, just comment on that post to get help and discuss.

Another way you can help is by simply installing the Gazebo 9 pre-release and letting us know if anything is broken or looks odd.

Thank you for your help and support!

:robot: Gazebo development team

2 Likes

I hope I’m not way out in lift field on this - - - but - - - - it would be nice if Debian were also supported.

Why - - - I find myself getting quite frustrated with some of Ubuntu’s quirks (especially the straitjackets!).

Dee

I’ve been uploading most of gazebo9 dependencies to Debian Sid in the last weeks but you are right, but we currently lack of some packages to be able to test the whole thing from .debs. Most of the dependencies are still prereleases, as soon as the stable release is out I would work to get them available into Sid.

I can try to generate the missing .debs into our repository but no promises to have them ready before the end of tutorial review tomorrow.