IPC in ros2

Dear @gbiggs,

You are being to nice to PrismTech as everyone knows that consistency in design and elegance is seldom achieved through multi-vendor compromises. I think it is best for people to look with their eyes at what the two submission can do and make their own decisions.

On my side I like debates, I like inquisitive minds and I like hard questions. Thus I’ll be more than happy to answer any question on the XRCE protocol proposed by the PrismTech/ADLINK team explain why it is better than RTI proposal… And actually it is better than RTPS.

Thus, please let’s start the open debate to dissect the reasons why our proposal is the one which should be voted and by far the better one.

I’ll give you another small hint of why our XRCE proposal is an improvement over RTPS… Do you know how the RTPS protocol deals with discovery? What happens when you have loads of topics, readers and writers in your system and very asymmetric nodes?

Have you ever tried to do a one shot write in DDS? How much protocol traffic are you going to generate to make that happen… And how many entities do you have to create?

I’ll stop here… for the time being :wink:

A+

1 Like