IPC in ros2

Thanks @kydos for jumping into the community in such an energetic manner. I think we all appreciate having one of the authors of the proposals providing feedback. That said:

• The view @gbiggs provides is a) unbiased, b) the view of a roboticist (that’s what this community is about :wink: ! ) and c) based on the information someone got from hearing “your presentation”. Note the following:

which answers:

• I believe we all appreciate technical argumentation and slides. I love slides. But what I love even more is code and things that I can reproduce. How can I verify your arguments through experimental results? Is there any open code that supports your arguments? More than bashing around, i think it will do a lot of good to facilitate implementations that others can reproduce in common platforms. Even early stages will do. You might find that you could even get some support (and feedback!) before launching it officially and furthermore, that’ll definitely convince a lot of people on why your approach is better.
  • Last but not least, I really hope that the passion you’ve shown answering this thread is shown by supporting and making OpenSplice better.

I think I’ll stop here… for the time being :wink: .