Map Library for Autoware.Auto

@kenji-miyake @msmcconnell sorry I’m just looking at this domain. very thanks for you work.
in my opinion, using lenelet with extensions inside autoware is good, and I will update our vectormap tool to support this. But for commerce usage, vector map from different map companys, the process of transform can’t be avoid.
And ASASIS v3 is developing “electronic horizon”, they want to stardard map info interface for ADAS/AD function development.

Hi everyone.

I’ve published a draft of a new vector map format for Autoware: https://github.com/kenji-miyake/draft-of-autoware-vector-map

I’m not saying that we must use this library for the April demo, because it’s currently just my personal proposal.
However, I hope we will improve this through WG discussion so that this can be finally used for Autoware.Auto.

I’d appreciate it if you could read README.md and give me any feedback.
(As I couldn’t prepare enough documents like Lanelet2, please ask me when there are unclear points.)

If you think this library useful and give me feedback, I can continue to develop for a more great library!

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

@kenji-miyake This looks promising so far, but it would be helpful to have a document describing how this library understands the roadway on a conceptual level. How do the different components such as the Lane object get composed to form a road? I feel this is the most important thing to consider before getting into the details of an API. Would you be able to make a document similar to the lanelet2 document found here https://github.com/fzi-forschungszentrum-informatik/Lanelet2/blob/master/lanelet2_core/doc/LaneletPrimitives.md

1 Like

@msmcconnell Thank you for your feedback.

Yes, I can make a document, but primitives are so flexible.
I’d like to discuss them and define the best road structure in this WG.
So I will create a simple document, then let’s talk based on it.

Explaining the current definition, I think they are like the middle of Lanelet2 and OpenDRIVE.
I’m aiming they would be restricted-OpenDRIVE.