Mastering ROS Robot Manipulators Course
Date: February 24 - February 28, 2020
Duration : 30 hours (over the course of 1 week)
Location : Barcelona, Spain
Language : English
Limited space available : Only 18 students
Registration website : www.masteringROS.com
The Mastering ROS Robot Manipulators Course will be held from February 24 - February 28, 2020, in Barcelona, Spain. This course is a one-week program where you will learn from the beginning how to create ROS applications for mobile manipulators, including the navigation system, object detection, and grasping and delivering.
Robot manipulators are mobile robots equipped with mobility, one or several robotics arms, and a gripper. They have the ability to autonomously move within an environment, detect objects to grasp, and grasp them to bring them to the proper location. They are widely used in warehouses to locate and bring stuff, in malls and airports to clean, in nuclear areas to access dangerous zones, and even underwater to get to difficult locations. Robot manipulators will be used even more in the near future as their skills improve.
This course is a one-week program where you will learn from the beginning how to create ROS applications for mobile manipulators, including the navigation system, object detection, and grasping and delivering.
Our program includes an additional lesson to create a web interface for the robot app that allows people to manage the whole robot easily.
In this course, we will learn how to build a ROS application that makes a mobile manipulator fill a box with the proper objects obtained from another location. You will start learning the basics of ROS, then move on to robot navigation in known environments. Then, you will learn how to use perception to detect the objects to grasp in the background. Next, you will learn how to move a robotic arm with a gripper to grasp an object. Then, you will learn how to create a complete application that integrates all these behaviors into a single ROS app based on State Machines. Finally, you will learn how to create a web interface that allows people without ROS knowledge to control the robot’s operation.
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT
After participating in the Mastering ROS course, you will grow your ROS skills and be able to:
- Understand how to make a robot navigate in a known environment using the ROS Navigation Stack
- Understand how to make a robot grasp an object using MoveIt.
- Understand how to define the behavior of a robot using FlexBE.
- Understand how to create a full app for a mobile robot manipulator to work as a warehouse robot for pick & package.
You will be using the real robot mobile manipulator RB-Kairos from Robotnik company, equipped with a UR arm and a GR Gripper, as well as an additional point cloud camera on the wrist. You will be learning robot navigation, object detection and manipulation, and grasping using MoveIt!, as well as how to organize the robot behavior and how to create a web interface for the final user of your robot app.
Course details and schedule: www.masteringROS.com
- Roboticists aiming to work with mobile manipulators
- Researchers centering their research on manipulators
- ROS Developers aiming to increase their ROS knowledge as applied to autonomous robots.
- Real robot used in this course: RB-KAIROS Robot (https://www.robotnik.eu/manipulators/rb-kairos/) developed by Robotnik.
- Robot Simulation used in this course: RB-KAIROS, Motoman, BB-8, Parrot Drone, TurtleBot, Husky, Summit XL.