CALL FOR SPEAKERS: ROS Developers Day 2020 (ROSDevDay2020)
ROSDevDay 2020: A hands-on online conference for ROS developers worldwide
Date: June 27th, 2020
Conference website: www.ROSDevDay.com
[EVENT OVERVIEW ]
The 3rd ROS Developers Day (*formerly named “ROS Developers Conference”) is a hands-on online event for robot operating system developers. The event aims to connect ROS developers around the world without geographical restrictions and to share and learn the latest ROS applications through real-time practice.
At this conference, the world’s top ROS developers will bring us their latest results through a webcast. All participants will practice in real-time on any type of computer while the speakers are presenting. With a ready-made ROS project, participants will be able to launch the robot simulation, access the project’s code, start developing control algorithms…without any previous setup.
[ CALL FOR SPEAKERS ]
If you are interested to submit a proposal, the instructions to do so are as follows:
- Tutorials can target any field of ROS or ROS2.
- Proposals should be in the form of a tutorial and should focus on practice, in order to provide a real practical presentation for participants. (Please check the ROSDevCon2019 to see how it works.)
- Please note the tutorial should last 30 min, plus 15 min for Q&A.
The submission of a tutorial must contain the following information:
- Speaker Information
- Full Name
- Job Title
- Institution Name
- A Speaker’s photo
- A short statement of objectives (what participants will learn from your tutorial)
- Special requests (equipment or other issues)
- Please send your proposal with the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your tutorial is accepted
You will have to prepare a ROSject containing the following material (with our support):
- A notebook with the tutorial
- Package with pre-defined code for participants (reference: how to create a ROSject)
[ IMPORTANT DATES ]
- Proposal Submission Deadline: May 29, 2020
- Evaluation period: May 29 - June 19, 2020
- Final tutorial submission: June 22, 2020
[ ORGANIZER ]