Call for Contributions: ROS Developers Conference 2018
Date: July 7-8, 2018
[ OVERVIEW ]
The first ROS Developers Online Conference is a completely practical conference for ROS developers. The conference aims to connect ROS developers around the world without geographical restrictions and to advance ROS levels through real-time practice.
We will host eight top ROS developers to give tutorials of real ROS projects: during the conference, all participants will program together the projects at the same time with the speaker.
- All the participants will have to practice at the same time with the speaker along the conference.
- No installation of anything required. Only require a computer and internet connection. Any type of computer will work.
- All the participants will have full access to the ROS development studio for programming
- All participants will receive a pdf document with all the steps described during the conference
- All the participants will receive a copy of the ROS Developers Guide e-book.
- Each speech will be 30 minutes plus 10 minutes Q&A.
[ CALL FOR TUTORIALS ]
- The proposals must be sent to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission deadline: April 30, 2018
- The tutorial should last 30 mins + 10 mins Q&A
Tutorial should target fields of robotics using ROS and focus on practice, in order to provide a real practical conference to participants and to exchange developing research results and ideas. The submission of a tutorial must contain the following information:
- Speaker Information
- Why do you prefer ROS?
- Statement of objectives: what is your speech about and what are you going to make attendants practice
If your tutorial is accepted, you will have to prepare the following material (with our support):
- A notebook with the tutorial
- Package with pre-defined code for participants
[ ORGANIZERS ]