CALL FOR PARTICIPATION : ROS Developers Conference 2018
RDC2018 - ROS Developers Conference: A practical online ROS conference for ROS developers worldwide
DATE: July 7-8, 2018
[ OVERVIEW ]
The ROS Developers Online Conference will be held from July 7 to Jul 8, 2018. This is a completely practical conference for ROS developers. The conference aims to connect ROS developers around the world without geographical restrictions and to advance ROS levels through real-time practice.
We will host eight top ROS developers to give tutorials of real ROS projects: during the conference, all participants will program together the projects at the same time with the speaker.
- All the participants will have to practice at the same time with the speaker along the conference.
- No installation of anything required. Only require a computer and internet connection. Any type of computer will work.
- All the participants will have full access to the ROS development studio for programming
- All participants will receive a pdf document with all the steps described during the conference
- All the participants will receive a copy of the ROS Developers Guide e-book.
- Each speech will be 30 minutes plus 10 minutes Q&A.
[ SPEAKERS ]
DAY 1 (7 July):
15:00 CEST - Roman Navarro - Learning How to Map, localize and navigate with wheeled robots
16:00 CEST - James Carrol and Ajay Sona - Using ROS to teach undergraduate robotics courses
18:00 CEST - Anis Koubaa - ROSLink: Connecting ROS-enabled Robots to the Internet-of-Things and Clouds
DAY 2 (8 July):
08:00 CEST - Enrico Mingo - How to use OpenSoT planning & Ctrl with ROS for humanoid robots
09:00 CEST - Alessio Capitanelli - Semantic Knowledge Representation in ROS
10:00 CEST - Abhimanyu Dhawan - Simple warehouse inventory detection Robot using Visual States diagrams
11:00 CEST - The Construct - OpenAI + Gazebo + ROS
[ ORGANIZERS ]