Wyca Robotics is a young startup located in the wonderful city of Toulouse. We develop autonomous mobile robot to welcome, serve and guide clients, patients and visitors in real environment. Keylo is our main product, a modular service robot which has been implemented in several stores and hospital of Europe (including France, Spain, Switzerland and Germany) and USA. Our main focus is on autonomous-navigation and intuitive API to integrate our robot in the client system.
We have new exciting projects in the retail, security, healthcare, transportation, and inventory sector. We are looking for talented women and men passionated about robotics to helping us developing effective solutions to our customers needs.
Open internship subjects
 Physical simulation of existing Wyca robots for R&D, continuous integration and unit tests
 Optimization of Wyca robot deployment process: from mapping to fully functional robot
 Hardware acceleration with Intel iGPU (through FFmpeg or better): from ROS image operations and USB webcam grabbing to 3D pointcloud/voxels navigation
 Design, implementation and testing of unconventional localization methods for robot navigation
 Improvement of the hardware design and motor control of the current Wyca robots.
 Improve the Human-Robot-Interaction of the Wyca robots to improve the customer experience.
- Last year of university studies (Master or Diplom-Ingenieur) in the field of electrical/mecanical/control engineering or information technology or computer science. Exceptional curriculum from different field might be considered.
- Very good programming skills in C++/Python;
- Proven knowledge and extensive experience in at least one of the following areas: vision/LIDAR-based autonomous navigation, multi-modal sensor fusion, mobile robotics, person tracking/following;
- Extensive experience in ROS;
- Mastery of Linux;
- Good knowledge of cooperative software development with GIT;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Passionated about robotics.
If you feel that you might fit with this description apply now!
Please send over your resume(in English), cover letter (in English), and the transcript of your academic transcript (with final marks) at firstname.lastname@example.org . In your application, do not forget to mention the number of the subject that interest you the most.
For interns achieving outstanding results long term position will be considered at the end of the internship period.
We are looking forward to hearing from you !