No communication if no gateway is set

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded crystal for arm64 and on my Ubuntu 16.04 machine, I don’t see a complete fix.

Here are my tests:

• Localhost
    1. With networking completely disabled, a talker and listener work on localhost.
    2. With networking enabled (but no default gateway), a talker and listener do not work on localhost.
    3. With networking enabled (with default gateway set, but nonexistent on the network), a talker and listener work on localhost.
  • Two machines connected directly via ethernet cable
    1. With networking enabled (but no default gateway on either machine), a talker and listener do not work
    2. With networking enabled (default gateway configured on one machine, but not both), a talker and listener do not work
    3. With networking enabled (default gateway configured on both machines, but nonexistent on the network), a talker and listener work

So one thing changed from bouncy, and that’s the results of test 1 on Localhost, previously, that didn’t work either. I read the links you gave and they only claimed to fix the localhost with no network interfaces. I was hopeful that the default gateway problem would go away as well, but looks like it didn’t, unfortunately.

With other dds versions (we use twinoaks coredx principally) these tests do work without a default gateway. Is there anything we can do to make that happen for fastrtps?