Preparing for Dashing sync and patch release 2019-09-05

It’s time for another Dashing sync and patch release. As with the previous Dashing releases, we’re using a GitHub project board to track the release status. There are also a good number of new packages from the community ready for sync:

The patch release is coming along nicely and I expect to start moving tickets from the Proposed, To Do, and In Progress columns to a Patch release 4 board. If there is a specific pull request that is not currently on the release track as indicated by being in either the Needs Backport, Needs Release, or Released columns on the project board for this patch release which you have a strong case for backporting please let us know by commenting on the tracking issue for this patch release.

I will start holding rosdistro PRs for the sync on Tuesday 2019-09-03 so please get your releases for this sync in before then.

1 Like

In order to produce this patch release we need to perform system updates on the rolling release platforms, MacOS and Windows and resolve any issues related to the updates. We’ve started this process but it will not be completed by tomorrow. We will hold off on the sync and patch release until the middle of next week.

Maintainers, if you have a release you still want to make, the window is open again.

System updates are being addressed. We hope to have them ready before Tuesday 2019-09-10. With that in mind I’d like to start holding Dashing releases after the end of the day today.

Package maintainers, if there are issues with the released versions of your packages on Dashing between now and Tuesday, please reply here with a link to the issue so we can track it through the sync.

I would be nice to release control_msgs into the sync:

The sync is on schedule for today. Once we get CI and packaging jobs completed and upload the necessary artifacts to GitHub it will go through.

The release is out.

1 Like