Edge AI Working Group is being proposed. We’d like to get your feedback and interest in contributing to this effort.
Edge AI WG thus far:
- Joe Speed @joespeed ADLINK Technology (contributor)
- Steve Macenski @smac Samsung (contributor)
- Geoff Biggs @gbiggs (will assign) TierIV (contributor)
- Aaron Blasdel @Aaron_Blasdel Amazon (member)
Objective: make Edge AI easier and ubiquitous in ROS 2
Overview: Edge AI, specifically ML has important applications in ROS 2. For example navigation, perception & picking, inspection, motion planning. We’ll work to integrate and support technology for ML. We’ll approach this via a process of assessing the current state and working to make it easier for ROS 2 users.
The WG seeks to do the following for ROS 2:
- perform a survey of ML use in ROS and ROS 2
- identify gaps and build a roadmap to close them
- make it easier to use machine learning in ROS 2
- enable machine learning on embedded processors found in typical mobile robots
- enable HW acceleration of ML when present e.g. CPU SIMD, GPUs, FPGAs