Recently the Autoware Foundation’s TSC has started several working groups focused on different aspects of self-driving. Some of these working groups have seen a lot of activity, most notably the maps working group.
However, other working groups have seen very little activity and their meetings tend to be attended by the same people as other working groups. In order to reduce the meeting load, consolidate discussion and in turn spur more activity, the TSC has decided to reduce the number of working groups. The following working groups will be kept:
- Autoware working group, because it is the core working group for software projects
- Reference platform working group, because it is the core working group for hardware projects
- Maps working group, because it is very active
The TSC decided to suspect the following working groups:
- Vehicle interfaces working group. Its activities will be shifted to the Autoware working group.
- Simulators working group. Its activities will be shifted to the Autoware working group.
However, the Simulators working groups is having another shot at holding a meeting, so we will judge whether to suspend it or not based on the activity of that meeting.
Suspended working groups will be restarted if their topics begin to flood one of the existing working groups.