RIOS is a technology company helping global customers automate their factories, warehouses, and supply chain operations by deploying a new class of AI-powered and dexterous robots. RIOS robots handle hard-to-automate tasks, typically requiring human-level dexterity, in unstructured environments. RIOS is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and has a pilot & manufacturing facility in San Carlos, CA. More information is available at www.rios.ai.
RIOS is seeking robotics and application software engineers to meet the growing customer demand. A representative list of positions currently open can be found at https://www.rios.ai/careers.
In general, roles related to robotics and application software engineering include the following responsibilities:
- Work daily on multiple robot platforms with custom hardware and software stacks.
- Push hardware and technology limits to solve real-world problems in industry & manufacturing.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to solve previously unsolvable robotics problems.
- Travel to customer sites to deploy robotic solutions.
Technical attributes of candidates may include:
- M.S./Ph.D. in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent industry experience)
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Proficiency with robotics hardware and systems (e.g. electrical, mechanical, sensing)
- Experience with C/C++, Python
- Familiarity with aspects of robotic control including 3D perception, path planning, kinematics, etc.
- Best practices in software development such as documentation, version control, testing and reproducibility
- Actively practice the Git-based CI/CD workflow