Oqton is a young, fast-growing startup (we grew to 50 employees since our inception in 2018), with grand ambitions in the manufacturing industry.
The robotics team at Oqton is redefining how robots will be deployed in the factories of tomorrow. Traditionally, the high cost of manual robot programming prevents their use for small batch automation or variable production workflows. Oqton enables these new fields of automation by automating programming from geometric data, sensor data and digital process expertise.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we are growing our multidisciplinary team with experts in the areas of industrial robotics, computer vision, path planning, machine learning, mechatronics and controls, as well as world class software engineers and generalists to glue everything together.
If you get excited about making robots do things they haven’t done before and solving hard problems with other ambitious engineers in a fast paced, fast growing startup, we should talk!
- Design, implement, test and deploy software modules that will shape the future of robotics in manufacturing
- Work closely with experts in other disciplines to build integrated multidisciplinary solutions
- Deliver and maintain code to run in a demanding production environment
- Act as a domain expert for the team, stay on top of recent developments, and lead projects in your area of expertise
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or a related field; or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with C/C++ software development in Linux environments
- Expert in your field of expertise, or exceptional generalist skills
- Track record of delivering high quality production code
- Experience with development of robotic applications (ROS, Orocos, …)
- Experience with robot simulation software (V-REP, Gazebo, …)
- Experience with CAD/CAM software
- Experience with cloud software development (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, gRPC, …)
- Experience with concurrency, distributed and real-time software development
Please check out our website to get a better idea of what we are up to, or contact me any time to get in touch!