ROS Beginner Tutorials

Hello everyone…
My name is Vibhutha Kumarage from Sri Lanka. I’m gonna create youtube channel for ROS tutorials. As the first step, I created a simple obstacle avoidance robot simulation with Gazebo + ROS and uploaded the source files. My concept of creating videos is re-tutor text tutorials in ROS documentation and other sources as video contents. My target audience is the ROS beginners who wants a jump start in the ROS learning process. I am expecting feedback for this project and guidance to make an impact to ROS world.
Thank you.
First Video link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcXuUG4BWAU

2 Likes

Hey… nice to see another Sri Lankan here… I’m Imesh and recently started learning ROS… as a beginner I must say it is bit hard to get the first few steps into the ROS. Please keep up the good work…
Can I ask where ar u from in Sri Lanka ??

Wow, I’m also a Sri Lankan and I hope to study ROS, I just started as a beginner and I hope u guys are able to help me.

Hi guys my name is rashmi, i am from sri lanka as well. I installed Ros Foxy i want to get Slam running on a simulated turtle bot waffle pi in gazebo. I tried many tutorials online. but i am stuck.

Hello @rashmi, if you are stuck then ROS answers is a great place to look at.

Thanks alot Shyam. I will check it out and post my problems over there.

@everyone Hi can anyone help me find good beginners tutorials for learning ROS, with some guided project initially. I couldn’t find anything good other that the ROS-documentation which has very vast content and as a beginner I am not able to sort things out of that. Thanks

Please see the ROS 2 Documentation.

2 Likes