🤖 Wanted: ROS Developer at Robosynthesis.com - United Kingdom

Software Engineer / Developer (Robotics)

About the Business

We’re a small company with big ideas. Robosynthesis ( http://robosynthesis.com ) is a modular industrial robotics platform that’s reconfigurable in-the-field to perform a wide range of missions using a variety of sensors and tools, different physical configurations, and various terrain-optimised traction systems.Our first-generation platforms have been used at CERN (https://home.cern), National Physical Laboratory ( http://www.npl.co.uk ), and in nuclear cleanup at Chernobyl, and now we’re embarking on the design & development of our next-generation software platform. Based around an open-source software stack, our plan is to give end-users even greater flexibility to augment and enhance the base platform with their own tools, sensors and software, as well as to leverage existing open-source projects and developer communities.

The Role

We’re looking for a passionate hands-on and self-driven software developer with demonstrable open-source robotics experience to drive the development of our next generation software platform. As a leading member of the engineering team, you’ll be involved in the full lifecycle of software development, from architectural design and planning, through to the delivery or well-designed, testable and efficient code.

Responsibilities

• Propose and validate initial architectural designs
  • Execute full software development life cycle
  • Collaborate on flow charts, layouts and documentation to clarify requirements & solutions
  • Write well-designed, testable code
  • Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
  • Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
  • Develop automated software test plans and quality assurance procedures
  • Document and maintain software functionality
  • Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems

Critical Skills & Experience

• BSc degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Engineering or other relevant field
  • Proven work experience as a Software Engineer/Developer, with evidence of work in robotics
  • High proficiency in Python and C++
  • Proficiency and demonstrable experience in using Robotics Operating System(ROS)
  • Good understanding and proven experience in key robotics areas: Motion planning, SLAM, Manipulators (FK, IK, Robot arms), wheel/drive control, Autonomous Intelligent Systems
  • Understanding of Networked Systems and protocols (TCP/IP, UDP for ROS)
  • Low level protocols desirable (Ethercat, CAN)
  • Proficiency in Git
  • Experience with Unix systems, specifically for robotics or low-latency applications

Highly desirable

• Experience using Agile workflow and Jira, Confluence project management tools
  • Experience with products: Maxon motors, Kinova arms, XSense IMUs, Hokuyo Lidars, SLAM libraries like Octomap, icp-slam, openSlam
  • Experience in with robotics projects, simulators (Gazebo), deploying code on hardware

To apply:
Skype me: izidave
Call me: +44 7917 132 845

Is there an email I can reach you at to discuss? Cheers,

Devon Ash

Hi Devon, sorry, I just saw your note. Sure, you can reach me us at… jobs@robosynthesis.com
Kind regards
Dave