ROS Kinetic Julius Error

I’ve been getting some error about ros-kinetic-julius for a very long time, and wasn’t able to solve it. So I uninstalled ros kinetic and am now trying to re-install it - but the problem is still there. Here is the output, I would appreciate any help!

sudo apt-get install ros-kinetic-desktop-full
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
You might want to run ‘apt-get -f install’ to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
ros-kinetic-desktop-full : Depends: ros-kinetic-desktop but it is not going to be installed
Depends: ros-kinetic-perception but it is not going to be installed
Depends: ros-kinetic-simulators but it is not going to be installed
Depends: ros-kinetic-urdf-tutorial but it is not going to be installed
ros-kinetic-jsk-3rdparty : Depends: ros-kinetic-julius but it is not going to be installed
ros-kinetic-julius-ros : Depends: ros-kinetic-julius but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try ‘apt-get -f install’ with no packages (or specify a solution).

Thanks!

This sounds like you have a conflicting apt package or state. Please ask with more details on answers.ros.org and look for related questions such as:

These will provide info on how to debug this sort of problem.

And make sure you dig in to find out what the error/conflict is to help with the resolution with -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=yes and or trying to install the lowest level package with an issue.

There are some issues resolved in the latest release that’s in the testing branch 133 and 132 I’ve opened one more 137 but that doesn’t have exactly the same issue as what your’e experiencing, unless you have a previously failed installation of ros-kinetic-julius causing the above errors.

Anyway please post onto https://answers.ros.org to get more help debugging.

1 Like