Rosbag sharing place

Hi,

I wanted to let you know that I contacted Botbag, no answer yet (but It’s been only 3 day, so no problem).

I also contacted OSF, it’s ok to upload bag as long as we don’t upload all bag at once (“If uploading to OSF Storage, all we ask is that you upload your rosbag gradually and not all at once. If too much data is uploaded in a short amount of time, it will cause us problems.”).
I opened a test project : https://osf.io/7jp2y/ (I will remove it so don’t store important bag).

I created a small instance of MARV into a private server : marv.cocyb.org where I uploaded some bag for testing (and removed, only a SR300 bag for find_object_2d is available.)

There is a lot of problem with MARV at the moment :

• We can’t remove bag (will be fixed soon)
  • We can’t upload bag directly from the website
  • We need to limit the number of data displayed (the website display all image from the image topic, it will take too much space)
  • Tags seem not to work
  • We need category for bag (Sensor/Robot/Camera/?)
  • We need a way to make MARV point to a remote storage (OSF/Drive/Dropbox/?)
  • Need to display more data from bag (video/map/tf/?)

It may look bad but it’s not a big deal. :slight_smile:

OSF have a cool API for uploading, so a MARV server can act as a proxy to take bag, analyze it, then upload it to OSF and keep only the download link (so all data will be on OSF, the server will only keep the metadata, and the server will throttle upload to OSF to avoid sending too much data).

I will continue to play a bit with Marv and OSF API. I will fork MARV someday to connect it to OSF and correct some bug, so everyone interested can participate.

2 Likes