What is ROSject
ROSjects allow you to share and reproduce your robotics results in real time on any type of computer without requiring installation of anything (everything runs on the cloud). It is like a Docker of your project but that works 100% sure on any computer without previous configuration or step from your side.
You can share your ROSject with anyone by sharing a simple web link
Video 1. ROBOTIS Korean company shares their robotics code using ROSjects.
Video 2: The Construct shares ROSjects with the international audience at their weekly online ROS Live Class and everyone can start running the code from minute 1.
Link 1: get the ROSject of the simulation of a water robot plus OpenAI training system included (here video with further instructions).
Video 3: to learn how to create your ROSject (as simple as uploading your ROS packages) and how to share a ROSject with anyone (as simple as sharing a Google Document link).
We use ROSjects for:
- Sharing robotics class projects with students at the University of LaSalle
- Provide demos of our robotics systems to non-experts
- Share our code with colleagues that work on Windows or Mac
- Make people reproduce our robotics results (and improve them without starting from zero)
- Compare results under the exact same circumstances
- We successfully applied this ROSject system to all the presentations of the ROS Developers Conference 2018 last July. You can check some of the presentations here.