Rviz2 - Qt - problem creating accessible interface

I have been exploring AA (Ardent apalone) release.
Rviz2 is not showing any interface.

when i launch rviz2 in the terminal:

[INFO] [rviz2]: Using FSAA from GL_ARB_multisample extension.
[INFO] [rviz2]: Texture: Warning: Loading 1 faces(PF_R5G6B5,8x8x1) with 3 hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_R5G6B5,8x8x1.
Problem creating accessible interface for:  rviz_rendering::RenderWindow(0x2463020) 
Make sure to deploy Qt with accessibility plugins.

Thats the error I am getting. My rviz2 interface looks like this:

RVIZ2

I tried troubleshooting re-installing the qt libraries , qt creator.

Also, I was trying out the dummy_robot demo and I have to do:

ros2 run ros1_bridge dynamic_bridge --bridge-all-2to1-topics

for terminal 2 section in wiki.
It will not work for me as shown in the wiki:

dynamic_bridge --bridge-all-2to1-topics.

[I tried building ros_bridge1 separately using ament build and checked the CmakeLists as well the custom_executable section. ]
Additionally in Rviz (ROS1) it throws error with the RobotModel visualizatin .

Error In Rviz1:

[ WARN] [1513236342.717209109]: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource package://rrbot_description/model/meshes/hokuyo.dae in resource group Autodetect or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at /build/ogre-1.9-mqY1wq/ogre-1.9-1.9.0+dfsg1/OgreMain/src/OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)
[ERROR] [1513236342.717426648]: Could not load model 'package://rrbot_description/model/meshes/hokuyo.dae' for link 'single_rrbot_hokuyo_link': OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource package://rrbot_description/model/meshes/hokuyo.dae in resource group Autodetect or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at /build/ogre-1.9-mqY1wq/ogre-1.9-1.9.0+dfsg1/OgreMain/src/OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)

RVIZ1

Any hints or solution would be appreciated.

Hi @arunava_nag, thanks for the report.
I couldn’t reproduce the original Qt issue but could reproduce the ROS1 error.

You’re totally right, The wiki has been updated to reflect the new executable location.

I could reproduce this indeed. Though these meshes are not necessary to visualize the robot and by setting the Fixed Frame to “world” I could display the robot model with all the links and associated meshes.

At some point I had some missing transforms as well. It looks like only the /tf_static topic had data but I didnt receive anything on /tf (on the ROS2 side so nothing was bridged on the ROS 1 side). Killing and restarting the dummy_robot_bringup.py launch file fixed it.

In RViz2 it worked out of the box by simply running the dummy_robot_bringup launchfile in a terminal and RViz2 in a second terminal.

Hope this helps,

Hi @arunava_nag,
we experienced the same ros2/rviz error that you describe.
In our case the problem was not with Qt, but with loading the default config using yaml-cpp.
This results in the empty window.

Can you check if you have a yaml-cpp 0.5 package installed with apt?
If yes, uninstall it and try again, ROS2 comes with its own yaml-cpp.

Are you using the binary build of ros2/rviz or are you building it from source?

Hi,

@marguedas
Apologies for delayed reply, I was caught up with some other work I am doing on ROS2. Coming to rviz, no I am not getting the rviz2 GUI except for that window. I tried launching ur5_bringup launch as well from ros1 and tried to get the tf in ros2. I can see on the bridge that it is being sent however rviz2 gui is limited to that small box with no options.

@greimela-si
These are the things I have installed now:

I am got the rviz2 that came along with the ros2 debian install. I did not build it from source.

Does it work if you uninstall libyaml-cpp0.5v5 and libyaml-cpp-dev and then try again?

No it doesn’t help, I am getting the same window as above. @greimela-si
Any other pointers guys. I wanna visualize my messages in ros2.

It looks like your problem is in the process of getting fixed here:

In the meantime, could you show us the result of the command?
ldd <path_to_ros2>/bin/rviz2

It seems rviz is still trying to use a system yaml-cpp.

Since I am having virtually the same problem (without the Qt notification), I would like to take up the answering from here. I installed ROS2 from source and have it in ~/ros2_ws. I have uploaded screenshots of my problem setting. RVIZ_problemScreenshot_rviz2There is no ~/ros2_ws/bin/rviz2, only a ~/ros2_ws/build/rviz2 which is a directory. What do you mean by <path_to_ros2> then? Do you have any other ideas why this happens?

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

Apologies its been a while, just caught up with multiple works. Please find attached is the result:result.pdf (49.6 KB)