Scaled Robotics is a Barcelona-based startup transforming the construction industry with mobile 3D printing robots, backed by our industry partners and lead investor PERI.
We are a small group with very ambitious goals seeking a Manipulation Scientist to help test and further develop our prototype systems. You will be joining a tight knit team and play a large role in developing construction robots of the future.
The position involves a combination of R&D, software development, lab work and getting your hands dirty with onsite testing.
- Implement real time control software for 6.d.o.f arm.
- Implement state estimation for robotic manipulators.
- Implement position and force control algorithms for robotic manipulators.
- Implement planning and control algorithms for closing perception action loops for compliant and stiff actuators.
- Oversee onsite evaluation and testing.
- Take initiative and lead the systematic evaluation of algorithms.
- Masters/PhD in Robotics or Controls with experience in advanced control and planning techniques for high d.o.f systems; alternatively comparable industry career.
- 3+ years experience developing algorithms for compliant control, manipulation, state estimation and system identification.
- Experience working with different physics engines ODE, Bullet, MuJoCo HAPTIX.
- Experience working with different robotic manipulator hardware.
- Experienced Object Oriented Programmer in C++ and Python.
- Experience with commonly used packages ROS, Gazebo, MoveIt!
- Experience with version control (specifically GIT).
- Experience developing in Linux.
- Publications at top robotics conferences (RSS, ICRA, IROS, Humanoids).
- Goal oriented self-starter, analytical thinker, excellent team player, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bonus: knowledge of development in Xenomai.
- Bonus: Open Source Software development and deployment.