At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
Sr. Embedded Engineer (ROS)
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for enhancements and new products. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design. The goal for this project is to design and develop on webOS reference platform & other platform activities including support for various webOS/other platforms based products. Candidate will work and coordinate inside the Advanced Platform team. The Candidate will take responsibilities for implementing all the support and features for improving LG platforms (webOS and others) for all support devices. The Candidate will work on all related dependent components.
- Work on platform expansion into Robotics, Auto, etc.
- Create quick Proof of Concepts (POC) and project ownership around projects. POCs should help build rich system experience for the organization, which can then be leveraged for the development of real world projects.
- Design and implement systems to address disruptive domains, with a focus on multi-purpose robots, automotive experiences, etc.
- End to end hands-on ownership of robotics/webos/auto platform deployable across various projects in LG & outside – embedded system design, platform design and development and integration with other embedded platforms, etc.
- Work with other groups within LG (around Auto and Robotics) while maintaining clear differentiation and value in our specific offerings, and leading the path of value driven platform solutions that are innovative and deployable to real customers.
- Work on core platform support like new base OS for ROS/ROS2 integration, h/w bring-up for new Robot/Auto products, integrating new sensors to h/w, develop user experiences with system services in embedded OS, enhancing existing ROS/ROS2 nodes, adding new ROS/ROS2 nodes
- Work on designing and developing new algorithms for creating different Robotic experiences
- Work on core of ROS/ROS2 to optimize for performance and memory
You can find more details on the position and apply at: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=LGEUSA&cws=41&rid=23211