Status of Xenial migration

Hi all,

I’ve been trying to get ros_buildfarm instance up and running using the latest updates and, I’ve faced two major issues; I still haven’t been able to solve one of them.

The first one might sound really silly. I used to get jenkins installed from its repository, that at the time it had a newer version of it (2.73.3, though 2.89.1 is now the most recent version). However, yhe default configuration of buildfarm_deployment_config uses the 2.60.3 version of jenkins.

I filled the configuration files with the data from the servers I was going to use and I proceeded to install and reconfigure the ros_buildfarm. Once it was over, apparently with no errors, I wasn’t able to get into jenkins by using its web interface. I then checked apache and the opened ports: Apache was installed, and port 80 was open, though only to IPv6.

Finally, after finding the pupper log file by chance (I’ve never used before puppet and I didn’t know it had a log file), it had an error on a non-existant jenkins version. Once the configuration file was changed to 2.73.3, the whole process worked properly. It would had been nice to get an error message regarding an unavailable jenkins version or maybe some hints about the existing log file or the possible errors.

The second problem is related to job generation. After cloning the ros_buildfarm and ros_buildfarm_config, and filling in the data, I’ve not been able to generate jobs due to a python syntax error (although this might not be the place, just in case, i’ve uploaded python’s output. This has me currently blocked, and I don’t know how to solve it, so some hints or documentation would also be nice.

Thank you for your hard work,

Best regards,