Turtlebot 2i with Asus Xtion Pros

I’d like to try the new Turtlebot 2i code with Asus Xtion Pro sensors - specifically the object manipulation routines.

Is there an easy way to specify these sensors - is it just adding the right URDFs and launch files or is there something more complex?

Cheers

Will

It’s relatively easy. The Xtion Pros are a near exact clone of the Orbbec Atras and the other similar rgbd cams, so it really just involves minor tweaking.

Also, these boards are just a bunch of poor souls looking for help without any answers aren’t they? lol

Actually it’s the other way around - the ASUS Xtion Pro Live came first. Unfortunately, it’s not available on the market any more. The Orbbec Astras are (slightly crappier) clones of the Xtion Pro Live, and especially from the software side they are basically 100% replacable.

Are you talking about the Orbbec “3d club” forum? Yes, you’re absolutely right. The support by Orbbec is basically non-existent, and they don’t reply to bug reports. It’s just some poor customers trying to help each other figuring out how to work around all the Astra firmware bugs. Unfortunately, the Astra is still the closest thing you can buy today to the original Xtions.