Voodoo Manufacturing is building a digital factory to make manufacturing as fast, affordable, and scalable as software. Our Brooklyn-based factory of 160 3D printers can make thousands of plastic parts and products in astonishingly short periods of time. We are making manufacturing more accessible by helping companies and individuals bridge the gap between prototyping and high-volume production. Our customers include Intel, Universal Studios, SyFy Channel, Autodesk, Viacom, Mattel, and many more. We are well-funded by top-notch investors including Y Combinator (W17 batch), General Catalyst, and KPCB Edge, and are focused on building an elite team as we scale the company over the coming years.
We are looking for a talented Robotic Automation Engineer to help us develop and integrate robotic automation systems into our factory. You will be part of the engineering team, reporting directly to the CPO. Robotic automation will play a critical role in helping us achieve our 3-year goal to reduce our manufacturing costs by 90%, which will enable us to compete with injection molding for runs of up to 100k units. Our long term vision is to build a lights-out digital factory that can make any physical product from a digital file. You will be an integral part of achieving that vision.
WHO YOU ARE (TL;DR)
- You are a hybrid software, electrical, and mechanical engineer with a strong understanding of manufacturing concepts.
- You have significant experience building and deploying robotic automation systems.
- You’re excited to build a fully digital factory and help make manufacturing more like software. You have been dreaming about working at a company like Voodoo.
As the Automation Engineer, you are responsible for:
- Conceptualize, design, develop, deploy, and maintain robotic systems to help automate parts of our production process.
- Create robust documentation, operating procedures, test plans, and failure analysis guides.
- Work with the factory and software teams to understand requirements and complete projects.
- Collaborate with the factory team to integrate and scale new technology into the factory, and train employees on the use of new systems.
- Understand how to source and integrate commercially available technologies and equipment.
- Work with leadership to help build a roadmap to achieve our vision of building a fully digital factory.
- BS degree in CS/EE/CE or equivalent. MS preferred.
- 3+ years of robotic automation experience, preferably in manufacturing.
- Ability to own a complete project from start to finish.
- Experience with robot frameworks (like ROS) with knowledge of languages like Python, C++, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Unix and Unix shell scripting.
- Experience with robotic arm and vision systems.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD packages such as with SolidWorks is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Team oriented and excited for adventure.
- Current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Awesome team with 30+ years 3D printing and technology experience
- Company equity
- Company subsidized medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- Strong snack game
- Access to all the 3D printing you could ever want (great for gifts and personal projects!)
- Flexible vacation policy - work hard, relax hard
- Located in the heart of East Williamsburg
- More than anything, we want you to be someone who is passionate about Voodoo’s mission, takes pride in your work, and is genuinely excited to come into the office and work hard.
If you’re excited about our mission, please get in touch with us at email@example.com!
To view other positions we’re hiring for, click here.