Webinar | How to Teach Autonomous Mobile Robots
Date&Time: November 29th, 2018 | 6 to 7 pm · CET
Fee: Free event
Registration website: http://bit.ly/2z8b1ro
Autonomous Mobile Robots is one of the most essential course for a Robotics degree. But the preparation of this course is difficult.
In this free webinar, we are going to show you how to teach this course effectively by using ROS-based robot simulation.
- Problems teaching autonomous mobile robots
- Learning ROS along mobile robots
- Using simulations
- Testing mobile robot algorithms
- Transferring to real robots
- Solving robotics errors
- How to develop the teaching material
- The whole code will be provided to all attendees as a ROSject, containing simulation, notebook with instructions and code.
- All attendees will receive a 91 pages manual on Exploring ROS with wheeled robots.
- Change the course from passive listening to active practicing.
- Move away from a slides based teaching method to a notebook based one, where direct interaction with robots is embedded in the method itself.
RICARDO TÉLLEZ, Ph.D. (LinkedIn)
Ricardo has 7 years experience building software for ROS based robots including human size humanoids. He is the author of 4 books about learning ROS. He teaches Robotics at the University of LaSalle for the undergraduate program and for the Master. Additionally, he delivers every Tuesday a free ROS Live Class on his Youtube channel, where attendants can learn and practice a ROS subject. He is also the conductor of the ROS Developers Podcast where he interviews every week a ROS expert about how to better program robots with ROS.