World MoveIt! Day 2018

We’re excited to announce that this year’s World MoveIt! Day will be Thursday, October 25, 2018! The event is a day long international hackathon to improve the MoveIt! code base, documentation, and community. We hope to close as many pull requests and issues as possible and explore new areas of features and improvements building off of six years of dedicated work. We will be having several international event locations including:

Beyond these event locations, you are encouraged to have your own event in your lab/organization/company and video conference into all the other events.

For more details and to sign up, see the event page.

2 Likes

The address on the TORK website is not in Kashiwa. Which location will it be? We could host up to 20 people in our office next to Tokyo University Hongo Campus if this year’s location is not in central Tokyo otherwise.

Hi, I haven’t noticed this post for a while, sorry.

We plan to host WMD at Todai Future Center, just in front of the Kashiwa-no-ha Campus station which is 30 min from Akihabara Station, where we already have Baxter, Sawer, Nextage, (Universal Robot) and few other unveiled MoveIt supported industrial robots. We want to make this year’s event for developers. We expect several MoveIt! users who can share their work in this event.

And I believe WMD is not monopolistic event. It would be nice if you host another event at Hongo. Or you can just participate in ours. Either could be fun :slight_smile:

It’s more fun to be in a group and connect. If you say access is easy I might join you in Kashiwa.

Shadow Robot Company will be hosting World MoveIt Day 2018 in our London office as well. More details could be found here.

2 Likes