ROS Live 2016/4/19: Agenda

The next “ROS Live” Community Meeting is a week from now, on Tuesday, April 19th. The topic is “Everyday Frustrations in ROS”. Let’s brainstorm a few topics for the agenda.

here are some starter ideas:

2 Likes

+1 for the “Setting up unit and integration tests and CI server” idea.

I don’t consider that a “gripe” exactly, but it’s non-trivial to get working initially.

1 Like

+1 for the “Setting up unit and integration tests and CI server” idea.
I don’t consider that a “gripe” exactly, but it’s non-trivial to get working initially.

Oops, sorry. I just checked the translation of “gripe” :slight_smile:

I created a new page section, “Steep learning curve”, and moved it there, along with some other things that I had added.

I’ve spent a lot of time recently thinking about how to solve some of my everyday frustrations with ROS and one idea that keeps coming back to me is:

ROS Projects - a place for the community to discuss any projects they are (or would like to be) working on, from the smallest of tweaks to the largest of ventures. Somewhere we can come together to get help and feedback; give advice and opinions; publicize and discover; contribute to and learn from the various ROS-related projects that we are all working on.

Implementation-wise, it could be something as simple as a subcategory on the forum here.

I won’t be able to attend the community meeting on Tuesday, but perhaps someone could raise the idea for me?

2 Likes

Should 54.183.209.92:64738 be up now?

@lucasw That IP is out of date, use the hostname mumble.ros.org

1 Like

Anyway for people with alot of background noise to chat through text? not sure if mumble has that feature, at least on mac

Yes, there is a text chat, but you should also enable “Push to Talk” so that you are muted until you want to speak.

Mumble does do text to speech, for the text sidebar. It’s a local option you can turn on and off. If you have something to say but can’t use your microphone for any reason, make a comment in the text chat and we’ll read it.

Where will the meeting notes and recording achieves be hosted?
I missed most of the meting due to a conflicting appointment.

I will post things here next week: http://metrorobots.com/roscast/

Live Notes are here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19oxWlo6pIvjbVWM_EvCN4qPu2KDBnauIvV0lr_bLrpA/edit