APPLY HERE: Advance Developm. Eng.
Schaeffler is a dynamic global technology company and its success has been a result of its entrepreneurial spirit and long history of private ownership. Does that sound interesting to you? As a partner to all of the major automobile manufacturers, as well as key players in the aerospace and industrial sectors, we offer you many development opportunities.
- Researches and prototypes novel robotics algorithms and control methods, including in the field of manipulation and computer vision.
- Utilizes cutting-edge machine learning models to implement advanced robot capabilities.
- Carries out product development activities that translate new technologies into market-oriented products that can be commercialized.
- Assess new technologies with regard to their product development and industrialization potential.
- Develop concepts for products and construct and fabricate functional models.
- Continuously contribute to the enlargement of the product/technology/solution portfolio of the company to increase competitiveness.
- Develop technical solutions to limit the risks when starting the serial-production and introducing new products to the market.
- Cooperate with external customers, suppliers, scientists, research organizations or universities.
- Master degree in Robotics, Computer Science or related fields
- PhD degree is preferrable
- Sound knowledge of robotics fundamentals and software development in Python or C++
- Sound knowledge of machine learning and computer vision
- Experience with the software frameworks ROS2, OpenCV, PyTorch or Keras is a plus
- Practical experience in writing code and deploying it to robots
- Fluent in English conversation
- Good command of Japanese is an asset
As a global company with employees around the world, it is important to us that we treat each other with respect and value all ideas and perspectives. By appreciating our differences, we inspire creativity and drive innovation. In this way, we contribute to sustainable value creation for our stakeholders and society as a whole. Together, we advance how the world moves.
Exciting assignments and outstanding development opportunities await you because we impact the future with innovation. We look forward to your application.