Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2018-10-11

Kinetic Maintainers,

We have 120 new and updated packages and no regressions

We’re due for a sync. Please reply here if there are any issues you know of. Otherwise I will sync tomorrow and hold new releases until after the sync.

Hi Tully,

it would be nice to include this PR in the sync. Many of our code depends on this change and locally, at our lab, everything works fine with the same change. Since I was stuck, could you look at it?

The sync is now out:

It looks like that PR still needs some work before it can be merged and then a release made including it. With core packages like that we also don’t want to merge in the last minute and then make a release and sync without testing time. We try to make sure that low level releases are made early in the sync cycle so that they can get non-trivial testing time in the shadow-fixed/testing repositories to make sure we can catch any regressions before the main release.

It looks like that PR still needs some work before it can be merged and then a release made including it. With core packages like that we also don’t want to merge in the last minute and then make a release and sync without testing time. We try to make sure that low level releases are made early in the sync cycle so that they can get non-trivial testing time in the shadow-fixed/testing repositories to make sure we can catch any regressions before the main release.

Thank you for your answer. I will try to get it working one more time. If not I hope you manage to find some time to look at it. The same changes are already included in melodic so ti should not make bigger issues.