Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2020-11-20

Kinetic Maintainers,

We’re slightly overdue for a Kinetic sync. The buildfarm is still catching up from a few releases and we’re being hit by the recently implemented dockerhub rate limits. Over the weekend and into next week I’ll be tracking our rebuild progress. If there’s any specific issues please reply here. And I’ll also reply here.

My goal is to do the sync on 2020-11-24T08:00:00Z so I will plan to hold non-regressions related releases until then.

I’ve identified two regressions:

• toposense_pointcloud is failing to find Eigen correctly. There appears to be a fix upstream that’s unreleased. @TobiasRoth Since this a regression of one package (and the metapackage) out of the 8 released I’m going to plan to leave it instead of rolling back. Though hopefully a new release will resolve the build issue.

• exotica_pinocchio_dynamics the armhf build is running out of RAM This appears to be armhf specific and could be running into limitations of the platform. I won’t plan to hold the release for this either.

Sorry for that @tfoote, must have slipped through… I just ran the release for Kinetic again!

Thanks for the quick release to resolve that regression @TobiasRoth . With that successfully landed I’ve run the sync: