As a Robotics Software Engineer at Simbe Robotics you will be part of a talented team working on our autonomous Tally robots.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing the software that drives our autonomous robots. This role includes working closely with members of our Engineering and QA/DevOps teams.
ABOUT THIS JOB
- Architecting the software stack that runs aboard the robot
- Working on the robot’s navigational systems for mapping, localization, path planning, obstacle detection and avoidance. Our robots are designed to work safely and reliably alongside shoppers and employees during normal store hours.
- Building interfaces to our robots for managing and configuring our robot fleet and the data streams they generate
- Helping to maintain open source code in ROS and working with the broader ROS community. Ensuring Simbe is helping to maintain and contribute new code to ROS.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- 2+ Years of commercial software development experience
- Solid understanding of C++ and Python in a Linux environment.
- Experience with software development on/with robotic platforms – ideally with autonomous indoor mobile ground robots
- Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Well-versed in source control systems like Git or SVN
- Experience with agile development or continuous delivery
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills