I have worked as robotics researcher for a company in Salvador-Bahia, Brazil, where we create robots for Oil & Gas, Mining and Energy industries. Recently we have developed the FlatFish project, a resident AUV dedicated to inspect subsea structures in Oil & Gas assets (for further details, please see video).
We have a young and motivated team, with approx. 50 people and we are growing fast. Therefore, we are seeking a skilled C++/Python software developer for a new project with experience in ROS and practical experience in Robotics.
Your main activities are:
- Develop and test software for our robot in C++/Python using ROS;
- Develop missing features in Gazebo to properly simulate our robot;
- Software integration;
- Being part of our team, assisting colleagues, peer reviewing code and spreading the knowledge.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field;
- Strong experience in ROS;
- Experience with Gazebo;
- Solid C++/Python programming in Linux;
- Practical robotics experience;
- Fluency in English;
- Availability for traveling.
Nice to have, abilities with the following tools:
- Computer Vision skills
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com