We are planning to hold the first ROS 2 Real-time Working group meeting on May 20th, 2019 between 7AM and 8AM PDT (UTC-7).
See pre-discussion: ROS 2 and Real-time.
- select one of the use cases below and probably loose interest from people having other uses case.
- focus on somewhat generic parts of ROS 2 that will help independently of the selected use case.
My reading of your comments is that these parts are the following ones:
- create rmw layers for static and real-time middleware (RTI Connext Micro, Micro-XRCE-DDS)
- perform memory audit in rmw, rcl and rclcpp (remove unneeded memory allocations)
- split memory allocation in init and runtime phases, avoid memory fragmentation
- remove all blocking calls (or replace with timed calls, e.g.
- implement real-time pub/sub (either using Waitset or modified Callback/Executor)
- integrate tools for static and dynamic code analysis (PCLint, LDRA, Silexica, LTT-ng)
- Create node architecture for deterministic execution (policy for message aggregation, nodes cohesion, parallelization, local error handling …)
- Create a design for global error handling (history of failures, core dumps, fail-safe mechanism, …)
- Create CI for RT testing (e.g. https://github.com/ros2/ros2/issues/607#issuecomment-460319513 )
- ROSCon workshop proposal???
- consumer robots (Ingo)
- warehouse logistics robots (David)
- mobile manipulation robots (Victor)
- autonomous driving robots/cars (Dejan, Geoff)
Apex.AI is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: ROS 2 Real-time
Time: May 20, 2019 7:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile
+16699006833,771375394# US (San Jose)
+19294362866,771375394# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 771 375 394
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aAmxdSnyw