PAL Robotics is looking for a highly motivated research engineer in the area of SLAM and autonomous navigation.
The selected individual will be part of the team responsible for developing, integrating and maintaining the autonomous navigation system on Pal Robotics robots both with wheels and legs.
The robots are going to work in real environments and for this reason safety, robustness, fault detection and recovery should be taken into account during the project design and implementation process.
- Maintenance of the current PAL Robotics navigation system
- Long term navigation strategy development
- Autonomous Localization in indoor environment with multiple sensors: odometry, IMU, laser, cameras, WiFi
- Path planning and motion control with obstacle avoidance
- SLAM 2D/3D
- Low-cost navigation solution development (RGB-D or camera)
- Code QA through Unit Tests
- Functional testing on simulation environment
- Stress test in real environments
- Availability to travel for Pilots and PoC
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/ Control / Robotics/ AI
- At least 3 years C++ experience
- Knowledge about SLAM algorithms
- Proactive team working attitude
- Good communication skills (at least in English)
- Good knowledge of ROS and the ROS Navigation Stack
- European work permit
- Experience with real robotic hardware
- Experience with ROS2
- Experience with version control systems (git)
- Experience with Ubuntu/Linux
- Experience with robotics simulation environment (Gazebo)
- Python/Bash knowledge
- The team is located in Barcelona, Spain.
- The contract is for a permanent position.
- Flexible working hours, perks.
If you’re interested, please apply here .