Autoware.Auto Autonomous Valet Parking hackathon and demonstration - April, 2020

@gbiggs et al, couple of updates on above:

1. We talked to the main players for the hackathon and got commitment for the above “Planned software” section.
    1. The change is that the Global Motion planner can also be done by Embotech instead of Tier IV. In the next TSC meeting we should get a confirmation if Tier IV will contribute something to this hackathon or not.
    2. LG is committed to provide the LGSVL simulator support
    3. AutonomouStuff full commitment to ROS 2 version of Speed and Steering Control software stack is still pending but it is also likely yes. They already have ROS 2 version of the PACMod driver, Kvaser interface and msgs
    4. Map WG is also super active https://gitlab.com/autowarefoundation/autoware-foundation/wikis/autoware-working-group, they have AutonomouStuff car park map but we were not yet able to talk to them yet
    5. We still need more people to provide
      1. tooling (rosbag record scripts, rosbag hosting, rviz config files, debugging, GUI)
      2. integrations (launch files, automated and manual testing, …)
      3. NDT Pose and Odom fusion to obtain a vehicle state
  2. Chris and I provided a high level architecture diagram. We plan to refine that in the next week or two and present it in either Autoware or Maps WG meeting: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1grOelGw1b2Lx3xaTlUpdlBi0Hn45SvWabEx8iYcYNAk/edit?usp=sharing:
  3. Several people approached me with the question “What exactly do we plan to do/show?”. I would like to see the following in order of preference:
    1. Lexus starts on point A (in the lane somewhere in a car park). Operator (back seat) gives it a target point B (in a parking stall somewhere in a car park):
      1. Lexus drives the whole path with dynamic obstacles (other cars, pedestrians, cyclists)
      2. Lexus drives the whole path with other static cars (parked on the lanes and in the parking stalls)
      3. Lexus drives the whole path on an empty parking lot

LMK if there are more questions.

1 Like