Want to see a small-scale car flying around a track with Autoware? Want to learn about ROS2? Why not join us for a hack-a-thon to make it happen this month! The Autoware Foundation, in conjunction with DIY Robocars, the F1TENTH Foundation, and Circuit Launch will be hosting a two-day hack-a-thon at the Circuit Launch track in Oakland, CA on August 12-13 followed by the quaterly DIY Robocars race on August 14th. The schedule for the hack-a-thon (subject to change) currently looks like this:
- 8 am - 10 am: Setup
- 10 am - 12 pm: Silicon Valley Autoware Meetup (open to the public)
- 12 pm - 2 pm: ROS2 and Autoware Introduction (Josh Whitley - AWF Software Architect)
- Includes “working lunch” provided by AWF
- 2 pm - 6 pm: Hacking toward racing!
- 10 am - 6 pm: Hacking toward racing!
- 1 pm - 5 pm: DIY Robocars Event and Korean BBQ sponsored by AWF
So come join us and bring your F1TENTH car if you have one! We’ll have a few spares but not enough for everyone so please check out https://f1tenth.org if you want to put your own together.
Note: There will be a sign-up link for the actual hack-a-thon event which we will post very soon just to make sure we don’t overrun CircuitLaunch. Keep an eye on this thread for the link.