Books or documentacion for ros

Hi guys, can u recommend some good books or documentation about :
1 - collaborative task with ros
2- cloud robotics with ros

Thank you .

I don’t understand what you mean with collaborative task with ROS. Is it like human-robot collaboration? In that case you can look at robots such as Sawyer and Baxter from Rethink Robotics (they have some pretty good tutorials) and academic literature from conferences such as RO-MAN and ICSR.

Regarding cloud robotics, there used to be an EU project (RoboEarth), which spawned Rapyuta, which is now a startup company. Sadly the open source Rapyuta seems deprecated and the startup company has not released their platform to the public as far as I know. Alternatively you can look into hosting ROS nodes in the cloud using Kubernetes (container orchestrator which can be hosted in various cloud environments including Google Apps, Amazon Web Services and Windows Azure), there is a (slightly dated) article about that here.

1 Like

I recommend ‘ROS Robot Programming’. It includes not only basic ROS programming as topic, service, action but also packages for SLAM, Navigation and Manipulator with TurtleBot3 and OpenManipulator. It definitely helps you.

1 Like

Thanks for recommendations. When i say collaborative task, i mean multi robots(swarm of robots) doing a task, master-slave, robot - robot communications. Sorry for my english.

There’s a wiki page with most of the ROS books listed at:

http://wiki.ros.org/Books

I’d recommend looking through that listing for resources.

1 Like