CIS ToF Camera Sensor ROS Driver Package Released

Tokyo Opensource Robotics Kyokai Association (TORK) released a new ROS package “cis_camera” (https://github.com/tork-a/cis_camera).

This ROS package is a driver package for CIS Corporation ( https://www.ciscorp.co.jp/ ) ToF (Time of Flight) camera sensor DCF-RGBD1.

DCC-RGBD1 is a small ToF camera sensor (development kit) that can acquire a wide range of depth images.

• High accuracy depth images can be acquired in the range of 15cm to 5m.
  • Small size H: 50mm × W: 55mm × D: 35mm (excluding protrusions)
  • Simultaneous acquisition of RGB (QVGA) and Depth / IR (VGA) images
  • Interface : USB 3.0 (USB 3.0 micro B connector installed: USB power supply is not supported)
  • For indoor use

In this package, in addition to the ROS driver for the CIS ToF camera sensor, a sample program of point cloud processing for noise removal, plane detection / removal, an object point cloud extraction and calculating the object frame position. And a launch file for 3D drawing of these processing results in RViz is included.

Please refer to a documentation in GitHub for usage.

If you have problems with this package, please report them on GitHub Issues.

For inquiries about CIS ToF camera sensor hardware, please contact the following:

For hardware inquiries: Sales Representative, CIS Corporation
Email address: newbiz@ciscorp.co.jp
Phone number: +81-(0)42-664-5568

2 Likes

That’s a lot of work, but it appears to be a solid package. What’s the retail price of the camera module? Would you happen to know of any North American or European distributors?

1 Like

Thanks for your comment!

I have heard the ToF camera is at the mass production development stage.
So the price is not yet decided and the sales channel is probably under consideration too.

Please send an Email to CIS Corporation, you will get information on how to obtain the ToF camera in the present stage.

Thank you for your inquiry on CIS TOF camera. We are at the very final stage of product validation, and should be able to launch the product soon. We will initially make this product available at amazon.co.jp. Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

RGB-D camera from CIS is finally on sale, available now at amazon.co.jp.
If you are overseas, please write to us directly at: ec-sales@ciscorp.co.jp

2 Likes

Hello. I’m looking for a ROS compatible camera that has full video output besides depth and gray-scale images, just like this one.

Would something like this be compatible with Raspberry PI 4? The specifications mention it works with full desktop Ubuntu Linux, but not sure if there are “Full Desktop” ubuntu images for Raspberry PI.

Has this been tried on Ubuntu in a Raspberry PI? I would love to know because I’m very interested in doing this setup.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like