Discourse - A very powerful mailinglist

This is because we’re using their hosted service. Originally we had to setup our own mail server SPF/DKIM entries etc and we’d done it successfully. But for most of their customers that’s too much so they’ve moved to processing all the emails centrally for the hosted accounts.[quote=“v4hn, post:3, topic:389”]
I enabled mailing list mode only recently because I didn’t get a number of replies from Migration to one GitHub repo for MoveIt! - #21 by 130s .Although I received some other posts from the watched category…Looking into it a bit, I suspect that discourse did not automatically send mails to me for replies to the thread because the thread got created before I added the category to the watch list (and if I remember correctly also before I created the accout).I’m not sure this is the case, but it might actually be a bug in the system?

I turned off mailing list mode again and I expect that everything works as expected now.If I notice any further problems, I’ll come back to this.

Thanks for your time.
[/quote]

You’re welcome. We want to hear feedback and understand how things are working or not so that we can fix it. Discourse is under active development/maintenance. Well formed bug reports like this can easily be diagnosed, a fix developed, and deployed on the site within a week.

1 Like