At Dishcraft Robotics, our mission is to build things that matter. We are a venture-backed Bay Area start-up that is revolutionizing robotics for commercial kitchens with computer vision, machine learning, and innovative mechanical design. Come join our talented team of technologists and business people as we create advanced machines in an industry that touches everyone.
First and foremost, we value people, intellectual engagement, and transparent communication. We are looking for a highly motivated, intellectually curious and passionate engineer who is comfortable at the boundary between software and hardware to help bring our robots to life. You will be responsible for the software implementation and deployment of critical elements of our robotic system. Your software will be responsible for core functionality that controls and integrates motors and sensors and coordinates with other system elements.
About The Role
- Solid software engineer and experienced C++ programmer
- Hands-on experience using ROS to develop robotic applications
- Design and implement finite state machines
- Integrate software and hardware into a reliable, functional system
- Contribute to overall software system design
- This position requires close collaboration with other software engineers, mechanical engineers, product management and robots.
- BS/MS in computer science, computer engineering, robotics, or equivalent
- 4+ years professional experience developing robotics software to interface with sensors and actuators
- Proficiency in C++
- Excellent understanding of ROS
- Experience developing software on Linux
- Highly-motivated team player with evidence of technical leadership and strong technical collaboration skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Desire to be part of a fast-moving start-up and work in a fast-paced, collaborative, environment with few rigid boundaries
Dishcraft Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.
How To Apply