In accordance with § 107 Section 1 of the Universities Act 2002, the Alpen-Adria Universität is seeking to make the following appointment:
PreDoc Scientist f/m (in German: Universitätsassistent/in) fully funded 4year contract ====================================================================
at the Control of Networked Systems Group, Institute of Smart System-Technologies, Faculty of Technical Sciences (temporary contract for 4 years, scheme B1, 100% employment, 40 hours/week). The minimum gross monthly salary for this assignment amounts to € 2.731,- (14 x p.a.) and can increase in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement in the case of consideration of previous occupational experience. The scheduled start of the employment is as soon as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independent research with the aim to submit a dissertation and acquire the PhD
- Contributing to the tasks of the Institute in research and teaching of the research group "Control of Networked Systems"
- Student mentoring
- Participation in administrative and organizational tasks of the Institute and in University committees
- Assistance in public relations activities of institute and faculty
In the "Control of Networked Systems" Group, we seek to push the current bounds in state estimation, cooperative visual perception, and multi-modal sensor fusion for mobile networked systems. The group publishes in international top journals and conference proceedings. Successful applicants will be encouraged and supported to publish their work in such journals and proceedings an will have the opportunity to cooperate with our world renowned international partners from science and industry. We currently cooperate with partners mainly in the USA, Australia, Asia, and in Europe. We specifically encourage and support close and open collaboration with our peers both internationally and at the University. Our teaching areas encompass Control, Systems Theory, Control of Autonomous Systems and Vision-Based State Estimation. Our young research group provides a highly dynamic, familiar, and friendly attitude and thus a collaborative and inspiring work environment with highly modern infrastructure, which is continuously updated and upgraded.
- A university degree (Master or Diplom-Ingenieur) in the field of electrical engineering and information technology, mechanical engineering, or computer science, graded with excellent academic success.
- Proven knowledge and extensive experience in at least one of the following areas:
Probabilistic state estimation, vision-based navigation, multi-modal sensor fusion
- Proven programming skills in at least one of the languages Matlab, C / C ++, ROS
- Good knowledge of cooperative software development with GIT or SVN
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- Scientific publications in one or more of the above areas
- Relevant international or practical experience
- Basic experience in teaching and research projects
- Fluent in German skills both spoken and written
- Social and communication skills, ability to work independently
This position serves the purposes of the vocational and scientific education of graduates of Master`s or Diploma study programs and set the goal of completing a Doctoral degree / a Ph.D. in Technical Sciences. Applications of persons who have already completed a subject-specific Doctoral degree or a subject-relevant Ph.D. program therefore cannot be considered.
The Alpen-Adria Universität Klagenfurt intends to increase the number of women on its faculty, particularly high-level positions, and therefore specifically invites applications by women. Among equally qualified applicants women will receive preferential consideration. People with disabilities or chronic diseases who are qualified are explicitly invited to apply.
The application must be submitted electronically in pdf format to the Alpen-Adria Universität Klagenfurt, Dekanatekanzlei /Recruiting using the code 96/16 via the link www.aau.at/obf. The application must be written in English and include a letter of motivation, the curriculum vitae (with photo and information about the degrees including date/place/grade, the experience acquired, the thesis title, the list of publications if any and any other relevant information), copy of the degree certificates and transcripts of the courses, and any certificate that can prove the fulfillment of the required qualifications (e.g., the submission of the final thesis/dissertation if required by the study program). Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview.
The deadline for the applications is 8th March 2017.
Further information can be obtained on this website www.aau.at/jobs/information. Additional information about the research group Control of Networked Systems can be found on this website: www.uni-klu.ac.at/tewi/ict/sst/cns or by contacting Professor Stephan Weiss (firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: +43 463/2700-3571).