Now that ROS Lunar is out, it’s time for us to start shutting down our services for ROS Jade.
We’re already past the EOL date for Jade, but we’ve been busy with the Lunar release and other projects so we wanted to wait for things to settle down before starting to shutdown Jade.
What this means for everyone:
- There will only be one more chance to release packages into Jade
- This will happen in about two weeks unless we run into regressions or someone asks for more time
- After we shutdown the Jade part of the build farm there will be no additional updates to Jade
Some other details of interest:
- We will only do more Jade syncs after that iff critical bugs are discovered before we shutdown the Jade part of the build farm
- There will be a short period between the last sync and shutting down the build farm where we can test Jade and make sure there are no blocking issues
- After the last sync we will also:
- stop taking new releases in ros/rosdistro for jade
- stop building new binary packages for Jade
- stop running devel jobs, pr jobs, and doc jobs for Jade
- The existing Jade binaries and documentation will continue to be available
If you’re still using Jade you need to consider moving to one of the other ROS releases:
- ROS Lunar (latest)
- ROS Kinetic (latest LTS)
- ROS Indigo (older LTS, older than Jade)
After this post, I’ll be making announcements and updates in the “Release and Package Maintenance” category here on discourse:
So be sure to check that out if you’re interested in updates on this.